It’s estimated that more than $10 billion in surplus medication is destroyed annually throughout the pharmaceutical supply-chain.
Meanwhile, millions of uninsured Americans still cannot access the medications they need. Manufacturers across the US are joining the movement to donate their surplus product to the Dispensary of Hope for distribution to pharmacies and charitable clinics. Many more go further by donating first-line product expanding their impact on the lives of those of us with low income and without prescription drug benefits.
The Dispensary of Hope
Serves the United States Low income and Uninsured
Medications never leave the United States, and are 100% of the time under state boards of pharmacy and FDA jurisdiction.
Patient income and insurance status are always verified and recorded, then updated regularly, with verification process records kept by each site for three years.
Every new network prospect is reviewed and verified to be qualified to accept donated medication prior to approval for network acceptance, such as: Review of proper licensing and Office of the Inspector General (OIG) checks for staff and facility.
Each site executes a binding contract defining site behavior and expectations, with permission for oversight and defined damages for non-compliance.
Medication Ordering Anomaly Alert
100% of orders are reviewed for unusual volume and other factors.
Medication destruction process utilizes FDA licensed incineration.
Regular site visits and site audits are conducted to assure compliance to the above
We make it Safe, Easy, and Rewarding for Manufacturers to donate.
• Dispensary of Hope Assurance Package
• Approved by boards of pharmacy in every state we operate.
• Track and trace compliant under the Drug Supply Chain Security Act.
• Member of HDA and AAM.
• Winner of the 2010 Social Innovation Award for Supply Chain Innovation.
• Establish Dispensary of Hope as an Authorized Trading Partner, then simply provide us with your list of available products, receive our purchase order request, ship, and repeat.
• We provide an itemized receipt for all donated products.
• Decrease destruction costs for products that would expire.
• Reduce your environmental impact.
• Maximize tax deductions for donated products.
• Provide urgently needed medications to patients who would otherwise be without.
Interested in donating meds? Contact Us